Here are just a few ideas if you might be unfamiliar with all that Santa Barbara has to offer. Whether you have one day or a month, you will always find something new to discover.
I Only Have A Few Hours
- Take a 90 minute Trolley Tour of Santa Barbara
- Walk out to Stearns Wharf and enjoy the beach and ocean.
- Eat at: LongBoard’s Grill or Char West Fish n Chips
- See the Compass at the end of the pier, notice that we are the only beach on the west coast that faces South. Our sun sets in the East…or so it seems.
- Grab some postcards at one of the wharf shops and some candy at the candy shop before you get back on the road.
- Take a picture at the Dolphin Fountain….and we will see you again soon.
- Friday Night Arrival – Everybody needs to get out of the car!
- Walk to the wharf and get dinner at Longboards Grill.
- After dinner take a walk to the end of the pier and notice that we are the only beach on the west coast that faces South. Look at the compass at the end of the pier, as well as the evening sport fishing. Sometimes if the light is right you can see the sea stars clinging to the pier.
- A late night swim in the pool or whirlpool when you get back to the hotel always helps to relax those weary traveling muscles. Stop by the lobby and grab a cup of hot chocolate or spiced cider to help you fall asleep.
- Late morning breakfast at Sambo’s and then it is a team decision and here are just a few suggestions to choose any combination;
- Santa Barbara Trolley Tour- the 90 minute tour goes all over Santa Barbara and lets you get on and off at the various stops so you don’t have to drive. The tour can take as much time or as little as your schedule allows.
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Kids World Playground and Alice Keck Park Great for including a picnic.
- Chase Palm Park Carousel and Playground
- Ty Warner Sea Center
- Sea Center-Whale Watching or any other water sports equipment rentals
- Don’t forget to spend some time at the pool or at the beach
- Metropulos (great for a picnic lunch)
- Carlitos for an alfresco Mexican lunch
- Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch
Evening Activities Might Include
- Westwind Drive-In (Yes they brought it back)
- Zodo’s Bowling
- Events at the Natural History Museum
- Ice Cream at McConnells (A local must)